This is a collection of all the travel advice posts that I’ve written. Many of my posts focus on travel tips for long-term travel.
My travel tips focus on backpacking and sustainable travel. Most of the article are based on my own travel experiences from my 2-year trip around the world and other journeys that I’ve done. I’ve gathered some of my most important travel tips to a guide called 42 Most Useful Long-Term Travel Tips.
For my current guides about sustainable travel, you can check the Flightless Travel page.
Below you can find a full list of the travel guides that I’ve written. The list is split into six categories:
- How Preparing for Long-Term Travel Differs from Shorter Trips
- How to Go on a Trip Around the World in 4 Easy Steps
- How to Prepare Your Mind for a Trip Around the World
Money and Budgeting
- How to Save Money to Travel the World?
- My Travel Budget for 12 Months of Solo Travel (2017)
- My Travel Budget for One Year of Solo Travel (2018)
Packing Advice for Long-Term Travel
- 10 Most Useful Things I Packed for My RTW Trip
- 5 Least Useful Things I Packed for My RTW Trip
- 5 Things I Wish I Had Packed for My RTW Trip
- What Did I Pack for a Round the World Trip? – The Complete List of 106 Items
Life on the Road
- 42 Most Useful Long-Term Travel Tips
- 8 Useful Android Apps for Long Term Travel (and What to Do With Them)
- Amateur Hiking Tips for Day Hikes
- How to Travel Around Europe with a Dog
- How to Waste Time During Long Train Journeys
Cargo Ship Travel
- Crossing the Pacific – My Cargo Ship Travel Experience
- How to Prepare for Traveling on a Cargo Ship?
- How Long Does It Take a Cargo Ship to Cross the Atlantic?
- How Long Does It Take a Cargo Ship to Cross the Pacific?